- The review, analysis, and evaluation of the company’s investment opportunities within its Private Equity investment portfolio.
- Responsible for maintaining an ongoing and meaningful dialogue with existing Private Equity Funds
- Assessing new and ongoing investment strategies by researching and keeping abreast of current economic trends and assisting in the preparation of investment presentation materials.
- Remaining abreast of current research and developments in the institutional investment field by maintaining contact with practitioners, reviewing professional publications, and attending related conferences, meetings and other events.
- Identifying and tracking the universe of potential investment opportunities in private equity and venture capital funds across various geographies. Working with the investment team to create a target list of top funds that the company should focus on for possible investment.
- Analyzing and conducting extensive due diligence on individual investment opportunities in order to recommend individual fund investments that are consistent with the company’s investment strategy.
- Identifying new and evolving strategies and market opportunities that may improve the results of the investment portfolio.
- Analyzing asset class performance to ensure strategies are in line with the company’s long-term objectives.
- Monitoring investment funds for compliance with company investment guidelines
- Monitor portfolio and preparation of investment report to detail valuations, costs, returns, IRR calculations and other measures of each portfolio company, per fund, and through to portfolio-wide summaries thus providing a comprehensive analysis of the group’s portfolio.
- Cash flow monitoring and identification of expectations.
- Chartered CFA is a must.
- 5-7 years of investment related work experience with a bias and interest in alternative investments.
- Experience in interpreting quantitative and qualitative data to make strategic investment recommendations
- Must have strong research, due diligence and communication skills
- Strong work ethic, able to set goals, prioritize tasks, and manage simultaneous projects
- Ability to work well within a small team
- Superior attention to detail