AED 35,000 Per Month
Location – Dubai
- A leading global multi industry company is looking for a Financial Systems Accountant for their Dubai operation covering the Middle East.
- The primary role of the Financial Systems Accountant involves the development, implementation and direct operation of the financial systems across all locations of the business. This includes managing financial software applications such as Oracle, and Hyperion Financial Management (“HFM”) and Excel, as well as maintaining the Company’s general chart of accounts.
- The Financial Systems Accountant plays a key coordination role between the management needs and the IT organization. Your role will be to make available any financial information that is required within the organization. Reviewing, updating, and developing new systems to provide such requirements easily are the main
- Ensuring that all change requests are accurately made within the relevant systems and ensure a quick turn-around time.
- Involved in the implementation of Hyperion HFM, expected in H2 2013.
- Involved in system related projects and upgrades.
- Sets up financial systems in new countries/ legal entities, and provide training to users on various modules.
- Responsible for the maintenance, standardization, consistency and improvement of the finance systems which include Oracle and HFM.
- Maintains the enterprise general charts of account structure, including projects, cost centers and reporting entities.
- Maintains system security and maintaining Oracle cross-validation rules.
- Assists with data cleansing and maintains ongoing data integrity of financial and external reporting data or KPI’s.
- Maintains statutory and management reporting structures and Hyperion mapping.
- Designs reports based on user requests received and facilitates in preparation of standard quarterly, monthly or ad-hoc management reports.
- Assists in administration of planning and forecasting models and linkage to financial systems budgetary controls.
- Verifies system integrity through reconciliation of general ledger control accounts to subsidiary ledgers (sub-modules).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in managing general ledger and reporting systems.
- Expert knowledge of Oracle and Hyperion HFM/ Essbase are a must. Excellent Excel skills.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, management information systems or computer science. ACA/ACCA/ CMA/ CPA is a unique advantage.
- Advanced degree such as MBA in finance, accounting or MIS is a plus.
- Experience with IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards)
- Knowledge of budgeting and planning systems/ Hyperion planning is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of corporate financial analysis and complex financial models.
Gareth El Mettouri