A leading Manufacturing business is looking to recruit a Financial Controller for their UAE operation. Reporting directly into the MENA CFO you will be responsible for the largest revenue stream in the business. This role is exclusive to Robert Half International.
- Reporting to the CFO of MENA, your role will be to analyse the progress and outcome of the business and give maximum support to the responsible persons in the decision process based on financial analyses. To achieve this you will;
- Provide oversight of business unit invoicing, credit management, accounts payable activities, payroll and General Ledger
- Manage period-end close and financial statements for accuracy and timeliness; ensure compliance to the Corporate Closing Checklist; drive team closing activities to meet deadlines
- Oversee and coordinate budgets and forecast processes for the Business Unit
- Assimilate newly acquired businesses to include the implementation of ERP system and streamlining of accounting and reporting
- Ensure compliance to IFRS and the establishment of accounting policies and procedures with respect to internal controls and the facilitation of business transactions
- Ensure compliance to tax requirements
- Be responsive to all corporate requests and reporting deadlines
- Review and maintain internal controls to safeguard Company assets
- Drive improvements on Working Capital
- Be a sounding board to the Business Unit Manager of the division
- Co-ordinate controlling activity for the Middle East and Africa region and build strong relations with the other Controllers within the Region
- Upgrade exiting Administration of the Company to the international standards of the group.
- At least 5 years of experience, at least two of which have been in a controllership role
- Experience with the implementation of a large ERP System
- Comfortable with hands-on position that requires dealing with AP, AR, GL, Payroll and reconciliation
- Good international communicator with pleasant personal approach but stands firm
- Conceptual thinker.