Conference Chairman Abbas Ali Mirza releases programme and full list of invited speakers…
IN THE backdrop of the recent appointment of the first ever trustee from the Middle East to the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) Foundation, which bears powerful testimony to the importance of the Middle East to the IASB, accountants and auditors in the Middle East should be able to gauge the relevance of applying the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs) in the region.
After eight (8) ‘World Accounting Summits’ held in Dubai annually since 2005, the conference organisers – IIR – are getting ready to roll out the ‘9th World Accounting Summit presents IFRS.
By now, you would have received your brochure for this year’s ‘World Accounting Summit presents IFRS’ which will run at Movenpick JBR, Dubai, UAE from May 20 to May 23, 2013 and noted that this year’s presenter-lineup is quite impressive and includes well-known speakers, regional industry leaders, practitioners, representatives from the ‘Big 4’ firms, as well as heads of accounting bodies such as the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP), the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), Accounting and Auditing Organisation for Islamic Financial Institutions (AAOIFI) and the Saudi Organisation for Certified Public Accountants (SOCPA) and features, amongst others:
- Atiq Juma Faraj Nasib, Senior Director, Dubai Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Ahmed Bin Abdullah Al Moghames, Secretary General, SOCPA
- Dr Khaled Al Fakih, Secretary General & CEO, AAOIFI
- Ahmed Saeed, President, ICAP
- S. Santhanakrisnan, Chairman, Accounting Standards Board , ICAI
- Kurt Ramin, Former Director and Advisor, IFRS Foundation at the IASB
- Peter Beynon, Regional Director –Middle East, ICAEW
- James Ravi, Regional Director-Middle East, ICAI
- Rajesh Parek, CFO, Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC)
- Vijay Raghavan, Group Finance Director, ARENCO Group
- Sanjeev Agarwala, CFO, Al Habtoor Group
- Nauman Asif, CFO, Bayt.Com
- Paul Raftery, Divisional Finance Controller – Finance and Corporate Affairs, Mubadala
- Anthony O’Sullivan, Partner, Ernst & Young
- Yusuf Hassan, Partner – Technical (Department of Professional Practice), KPMG
- Ashruff Jamall, Partner, PWC
- Padmanabha Acharya, Partner, Deloitte
- Casey Blatch, Financial Planning, Reporting & Services Manager, Almarai Company
- Adil Madani, Senior Manager, General Accounting, Qatar Telecom
- Asim Rasheed, Head of Financial Policies & Technical Standards, Emirates NBD
- Surendra Jain, Group Finance Director, Arenco Group
- Yousif Mahmoud Yousif Al Dwaikat, Chief Auditor Financial, ARABSAT
- Uzair Aziz Dawood, Manager – External Reporting, Emirates National Oil Company (ENOC)
This technically-oriented Summit has been specially designed as an ‘IFRS Crash Course’ to provide an essential and urgent update on the latest changes to IFRS that have to be applied during 2013 for financial statements prepared and presented under IFRS and therefore there are a number of Technical Master Classes and Workshops included in the 4-day World Accounting Summit.
Visit http://www.iirme.com/accountingsummit/brochure-download to see the full agenda of the Summit.